4-Day Lisbon Travel Itinerary
Day 1: Exploring Lisbon’s Historic Center
- Start your day at Praça do Comércio, a historic square facing the Tagus River. Admire the grandeur of the square and visit Lisbon’s Welcome Center to gather information about the city.
- Explore the Alfama neighborhood, known for its narrow streets, colorful houses, and Fado music. Get lost in its labyrinthine alleys, visit the Lisbon Cathedral, and enjoy panoramic views from the Miradouro da Graça viewpoint.
- Visit the National Pantheon, a stunning church with an impressive dome. Explore its interior and climb to the top for a breathtaking view of the city.
- Head to Belém and visit the iconic Belém Tower, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Explore the nearby Jerónimos Monastery, a masterpiece of Manueline architecture
- Don’t miss the chance to try the famous Pastéis de Belém, a traditional Portuguese custard tart, at the original Pastéis de Belém bakery.
- Visit the LX Factory, a creative hub filled with trendy shops, art galleries, and hip cafés.
- Experience Fado, the traditional Portuguese music, at a Fado house in Alfama or Bairro Alto.
- Enjoy dinner at a local restaurant in Alfama, savoring traditional Portuguese cuisine.
Day 3: Cultural Highlights and Hidden Gems
- Start your day at the Calouste Gulbenkian Museum, home to an impressive collection of art and artifacts from different periods and cultures.
- Visit the Amália Rodrigues Museum, dedicated to the life and work of the legendary Fado singer.
- Explore the Chiado neighborhood, known for its elegant shops, boutiques, and historic cafés. Visit the beautiful Church of São Roque and enjoy a coffee at Café A Brasileira.
- Discover the neighborhood of Príncipe Real, known for its trendy shops, art galleries, and charming gardens.
- Visit the LX Market at LX Factory, a vintage and flea market offering unique finds and local crafts – Market is ONLY open on Sundays!
- Visit Belém Tower and visit the iconic Belém Tower, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Explore the nearby Jerónimos Monastery, a masterpiece of Manueline architecture.
- Enjoy dinner at a traditional tasca or tasquinha, experiencing authentic Portuguese flavors.
Day 3: Lisbon’s Modern Side and Natural Beauty
- Visit the Parque das Nações, the modern district of Lisbon, known for its futuristic architecture. Explore the Oceanário de Lisboa, one of the world’s largest aquariums.
- Take a ride on the cable car for stunning views of the Tagus River
- Head to Monsanto Forest Park, a green oasis within the city. Enjoy a picnic or take a hike to explore the park’s trails and viewpoints.
- Dine at a rooftop restaurant or bar in Lisbon, enjoying panoramic views of the city.
Located in Bairro Alto, PARK Bar offers panoramic views of the city center and the Tagus River. It has a relaxed and trendy atmosphere, making it a popular spot for both locals and tourists.
TOPO Martim Moniz:
Situated in the multicultural neighborhood of Martim Moniz, TOPO offers fantastic views of Lisbon’s historic center and São Jorge Castle. This rooftop bar has a modern and vibrant ambiance.
Sky Bar Lisboa:
Positioned on the rooftop of the Tivoli Lisboa hotel, Sky Bar Lisboa provides breathtaking views of the city skyline. It offers a sophisticated atmosphere and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails.
Located in the LX Factory complex, Rio Maravilha offers a unique setting with industrial-chic decor and panoramic views of the Tagus River. It’s a great spot to enjoy the sunset while sipping on creative cocktails.
Nestled in the heart of the Chiado district, Topo Chiado offers stunning views of the city center and the São Jorge Castle. With its trendy design and relaxed atmosphere, it’s an ideal spot to unwind and enjoy the scenery.
Please note: Availability and popularity of rooftop bars may vary, so it’s advisable to check their opening hours and make reservations if necessary.
Day 4: Day Trip to Sintra and Cascais
- Take a day trip to Sintra, a magical town known for its fairytale-like palaces and castles, such as Pena Palace and Quinta da Regaleira.
- After exploring Sintra, head to Cascais, a charming coastal town. Relax at the beach, stroll along the promenade, and enjoy fresh seafood at a local restaurant.
- Return to Lisbon and end your trip with a memorable sunset cruise along the Tagus River.
Note: This itinerary provides a general framework for your 4-day visit to Lisbon, allowing you to discover both popular attractions and hidden gems. Adjustments can be made based on your interests and the opening hours of specific sites.